The city of Port Neches has released updated information regarding city services and more:
· The city strongly encourages its citizens to contact their insurance regarding policy requirements for the disposal of storm debris.
· The city storm debris contactor, DRC, will begin work on Thursday, Sept. 7. They will be required to make three passes. Residents are asked to separate items.
· The city is back on its regular garbage schedule. The city will only be collecting regular household garbage and green waste; please do not mix the piles. Trailers will be allowed during reconstruction for homes damaged by Hurricane Harvey. A permit will be required, however, fees are waived.
· PODS will be allowed for storage for homes damaged by Hurricane Harvey. A permit will be required, however, fees are waived.
· Building permits will be required for applicable reconstruction, however, fees are waived.
· It is requested that citizens continue to sign-up for Blackboard Connect/STAN and Nixel to receive information. The city’s website, www.ci.port-neches.tx.us includes links to sign-up for these notification services.