It’s been a traumatic week for Port Arthur and an interesting past couple of days as the city recovers from Hurricane Harvey.
Some information being disseminated on the city’s Facebook page are as follow:
· The city health department is available at the shelter located at Thomas Jefferson Middle School and can assist in dressing changes, wound care and prescription assistance.
· Port Arthur Police and Fire Departments continue to provide continuous citywide coverage.
· As businesses begin to reopen make sure you look for an orange tag. It means the health department has inspected the restaurant, and they’re cleared to operate.
· Tetanus shots available for citizens starting at 1 p.m. on Tuesday at the city health department at 449 Austin Ave.
· You may need a tetanus shot if you were exposed to flood water and/or have not had a tetanus shot within the last 10 years. First responders are still responding to calls for service, but the calls have reduced dramatically.